J-Global Institute of Collaboration (JIC) Research Department
We are doing research into collaboration and innovation best practices with the objective to deliver recommendations to stakeholders in Japan (business people, companies, government, NPOs, communities, etc.). We mainly investigate intercultural management and communication in Japanese global companies and foreign capital companies.
Jon James Lynch, CEO of Tsunago K.K. is regularly invited as a guest lecturer in Japan’s top universities and as an expert in “Speech and Discussions” events to present the results of his research in global collaboration based on his 25 years of experience in Japan (see list below).
In view of the growing significance of this ‘think tank’ activity for our organization, we have newly created a research department to conduct original intercultural research into collaboration in business and to work on joint projects with specialists (academics and business professionals). The results are intended to be published on our website and will serve as basis to create specific training programs.
JIC / Tsunago CEO Jon James Lynch Thought Leadership / Research Activities
Series of interactive seminars sharing intercultural business frameworks and best practice ideas with Japanese and overseas students at top Japanese universities:
- “J‐Global Collaboration Leadership – Creating a Movement to Support Japanese Companies’ Global Growth” (Guest Lecturer, MBA Program, Hitotsubashi University, 11/19/2015)
- “Collaboration Consulting: Getting Japan Growing Globally Again” (Guest Lecturer, MBA Program, Keio University, 1/26/2015)
- “J‐Global Collaboration Leadership – Creating a Movement to Support Japanese Companies’ Global Growth” (Guest Lecturer, MBA Program, Hitotsubashi University 12/4/2014)
- “J‐Global Collaboration Leadership – Creating a Movement to Support Japanese Companies’ Global Growth” (Guest Lecturer, MBA Program, Keio University, 10/9/2014)
- “J‐Global Collaboration Leadership – Creating a Movement to Support Japanese Companies’ Global Growth” (Guest Lecturer, MBA Program, Keio University 7/17/2014
Presentation and open forum events for Japanese HR / senior executives from top multinational companies, including facilitating discussion about intercultural management frameworks and best practice solutions (organized by Nikkei Newspaper):
- “HR Strategies for Global Success” (Speech and Taidan Debate with Harvard University, Nikkei Hall, 5/26/2015) http://esf.nikkei.co.jp/e/geb2b_20150601
- “Developing Global Human Resources: Success Stories from Australia” (Speech and Panel Discussion, Australian Embassy / Nikkei, 11/19/2014)
Presentation and facilitation of discussion for global business people about intercultural management frameworks and best practice solutions:
- “UTS Japan Alumni Event: Global Business Communication Tendencies” (Presentation and discussion, University of Technology, Sydney, Google Japan HQ, 5/10/2015)
- “How collaboration consulting helps both Japanese and Western managers succeed faster via best practice sharing, systems and processes” (Presentation and discussion, American Chamber of Commerce Japan, 7/9/2014)
JIC is starting to conduct research with academic and commercial partners to find trends and best practices for collaboration across a range of Japanese and global organizations. We plan to share the results on our website and some combination of research papers, media, at conferences and in a book.
- “From face-to-face to blended learning: transforming an intercultural face-to-face training course into a blended learning program with high customer satisfaction”, Julian Kuhn, Saarland University (Germany)
- “Open Innovation Best Practices in Japanese Multinational Organizations” – Joint Research Paper with Professor Chie Iguchi, Keio University (12/5/2014 – present)
- “Partnership opportunities between Japan and Europe, including approaches to third country markets, with a focus on the waste management industry”, Christine Yolin, Business Research Fellow at J-Global Institute of Collaboration
- “What Japanese Business Can Learn From Star Wars (Part two)” (Nikkei BP, 12/18/2015)
- “What Japanese Business Can Learn From Star Wars” (Nikkei BP, 12/17/2015)
- “Japan ‘Global Eyes’- Intercultural Business Insights (Part two)” (Nikkei BP, 11/20/2015)
- “Japan ‘Global Eyes’ – Intercultural Business Insights” (Nikkei BP, 11/19/2015)